Wednesday 18 December 2013

Matalan Graduate Design Project


Last week I was invited to an evening at the new Liverpool City Centre Matalan store to see the new collection designed by competition winners, Kerry Crone and Imogen Stubbs. It was a night of festive nibbles and drinks with competitions and collections for fashion bloggers to enjoy! Over all it was a really enjoyable evening and I met some lovely people.
The Graduate Design Project was basically a competition where young fashion designers were offered the opportunity to win their own range in the North-West stores and a £500 cheque! The winners were both challenged to create a collection that en-capsuled the punk era, and I for one would say they succeeded!
With Imogen's bold cross T shirts and Kerry's edgy safety pin prints the girls pulled off the perfect punk collection!


Above there's just a few snaps of the collections (both Kerry's and Imogen's) and some of the other fashion bloggers 'picks' on the rail. I though i'd share a few of my pictures from the night with you all below and then explain a bit more about the blogger's competition from the night!

Above, from left to right, are the gorgeous red velvet, Matalan cakes laid out for us, me and my plus one for the night, Abi, and the lovely goodie bags Matalan provided for all of their guests. The bags had tonnes of free vouchers and promotions for the store and a beautiful black, white and silver clutch bag worth £10!

Above is my outfit of the night which consisted of a Topshop cami, Primark leather look harem pants and my trusty New Look heels. I accessorized with white and fluro yellow baroque style jewelry from H&M and a fluro yellow clutch bag from ebay. The centre picture is me outside the Queens Square Matalan, Liverpool.


Above you'll be able to see all the bloggers tags that were there on the night. The idea was for each blogger to put their two tags on two items to make an outfit. The labels read 'Blogger <3's' and you can see a close up of my tag in the middle! We were given the oppurtunity to win whichever items we put our <3 labels on, the people hosting the night and Matalan designers will pick their favourite outfit and the designer of that outfit will win their selected items!


You can see all the items I picked above. I picked one of Imogen's grungy printed Ts and then in true form an extremely glitzy midi skirt from their 'we heart' section. I would probably wear this outfit on a night out and style it with some leather lace up boot style heels (think Jeffrey Campbell style) and an over-sized leather black clutch bag. I also think big silver statement jewelry would be necessary! Something grungy like thick chains would go well.


Any way I hope you like the outfit I picked, let me know what you think in a comment below. Also tell me what you love about the grad collections below! You can see a glimpse of the collection above but if  you want to shop the full thing click here. - Alice x


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. wow this looks great!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like they have some cute pieces

    ReplyDelete
  3. This collection looks amazing! I'll definitely have to shop it! Looks like you had a great evening too, sounds like fun! x
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girl who won this is so sweet!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she's such a gem! She deserved to win xx

      Delete

© Who the F is Alice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig